what i got for Christmas 2017

Sunday, December 31, 2017

                   



Hi. It's been a while (i feel like i'm saying this every blog post, LOL) since I posted something on this blog but what's important now is that here i am, trying to put my thoughts into words. Let'sh go!


For this, I will be sharing with you what I received this Christmas.


I received...


  • the liberty of writing my heart out and tidying up my mess
                      *will update the pic soon*
                        *one of the Christmas party prizes
Pen is used for writing and writing is one of the things I love doing even though I'm not best at it. The correction tapes suggests that I will always make mistakes and i need someone to correct me. These two will work together as i begin to document this seemingly unending maze called life.

ps:as read above, this was just a prize from our Christmas party so it was not exactly a gift for me. but hey, everything that's wrapped is a gift (well, maybe just for me). And! this holds a very sweet memory that's why this shall be included lol.


  • a confidant


*from Jeanne

I keep a notebook under my pillow and when I feel like wanting to spill my emotions out, or just writing what happened on my day, or something i don't want to forget, i write it right away. So, this, will just be one of my friends that i share deep and dark secrets with.

  • memories of childhood

* from yan-yan

These will keep me "playfully" organized. In spite of all the stress adulthood will keep firing towards me, let these be a tool to keep the child in me alive and burning.

  • shield and protection
    *from mama quel and abby
As I battle another year, these pieces will help me to keep things chill and comfortable. This will hug me together with my ups and downs, LOL.

  • confidence and strength
*from gette

I will clothe my lips with this gorgeous nude shade which will give me enough confidence and strength to speak up. But most importantly, this should reflect the words that will come out, and the way I talk. Always remember to speak kind and encouraging words that could lift someone up. 

  • beauty and elegance
  
*from ate yeye

A simple thing that could complete the seemingly undone look. This small jewelry pinched on your ear won't hurt. Listen to those in need is what it echoes. I don't usually wear earrings but i'll try to use this sometime.

  • wisdom and a reminder
  

*both form ate yeye


Wisdom from other people creative thoughts and imagination seems like a good gift. It fills not just the mind but also the soul with learning and fresh life lessons. Also, it's a reminder for what is forgotten.

_____

         Receiving material things really gives smiles on our faces, however those are only things and will eventually fade ("Those who use the things of the world should not become attached to them. For this world as we know it will soon pass away."- 1 Corinthians 7:31 ). These material things are only representations of what the heart gives. It's not about how grand or cheap, or how many or few you've got. What matters is the people who gave effort and time remembering and acknowledging you. (tho i'm still working on not being deeply attached to things. let's work on this one together (;.) 

           We've received our gift a long time ago and that is Jesus. He is the greatest gift of all. Living the life we should have lived, and dying the death we should have died was the most priceless gift of all. And  for that we should be thankful. As we accept all these bonus presents in our hands, I pray that along with it, we accept Jesus in our hearts. 

                                             MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!






You Might Also Like

0 comments